Thursday, April 7, 2022

GET THE EDGE – DAY 7– THE PURPOSE OF LIFE: FINDING YOUR REAL INNER DRIVE

 Step 1: Remember what you wanted to be when you “grew up,” and remember the times when you felt like you were really on a roll.

With your eyes closed, remember when you were five, six, seven years old. What did you want to be when you grew up? Why did you want to be that? What feeling did you hope it would give you?

  1. I wanted to be a policeman. I wanted to help and protect people.  I wanted to feel good about being helpful to people.
  2. I wanted to be a clergyman.  I wanted to guide people, and help to give them purpose.  I wanted to feel that I was helping them.
  3. I wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to thrill and motivate young people to be the best that they could be.  I wanted to feel significant.

Now, with your eyes closed again, think about a time when you were really on a roll, where things flowed effortlessly. What were you doing, feeling, experiencing?

  1. I was writing the music for "Jump Sugar Jump", and the music just flowed out of me.  I was connected with people in a project.
  2. I was singing and playing at Soup Plus.  I was completely connected with the audience.
  3. I was running a band camp with Leichhardt PS Band.  We ALL had a blast.

Step 2: Write your purpose.
Write a simple phrase, a sentence or two. It doesn’t have to be perfect the first time.

The purpose of my life is to have fun, to connect, and to serve.

I can live my purpose even more by reminding myself of my purpose in every possible moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment