Tuesday, April 5, 2022

GET THE EDGE – DAY 5– THE POWER OF EMOTIONS – YOUR CALL TO ACTION

 Let’s start using the 6 Steps and the 10 Action Signals we’ve learned in this session.

Step 1: For the next two days, notice any negative or disempowering feelings that come up and go through the 6 Steps. Record your progress below.

Negative emotion: How I handled it

I was frustrated by the lack of progress in a number of things at work.  Using the steps I:

  1. Identified the emotion of frustration.
  2. Clarified that the emotion is trying to tell me that there are certain things over which I have no control.  I need to change from "they don't care" to "They are overwhelmed".
  3. I really want to feel that this gives me the opportunity to do some independent work readying me for when they are ready to help.
  4. Remembered the times that I HAVEN'T been attached to one particular thing, and how that has made me MORE productive.
  5. I can handle this emotion by letting go, and moving on.
  6. I took action by owning the feeling, and moving on.page77image1678112

Negative emotion: How I handled it:

page77image3704128 page77image1702032 page77image3719936page77image3719312 page77image3719520 page77image3690400page77image3716192

Negative emotion: How I handled it:

page77image3717024 page77image3716608page77image3717648page77image3718272page77image3718064page77image3716816

Step 2: Make a list of all the things you can do to make yourself feel good.

  • Exercise
  • Meditate
  • Make contact with someone that I love
  • Cook
  • Listen to Music
  • Eat something that I enjoy
  • Read
  • Have a bath!
  • Give thanks
  • Chat with an animal.
  • Take a heart based breath

Step 3: For each of the 10 Action Signals you learned in this session, develop a new belief that will help you avoid getting stuck in these emotions.

Disempowering Emotion

Examples:

Overwhelm Disappointment

My New Belief

“This too shall pass” or “The best is yet to come.” There’s always a way if I’m committed.

1. Uncomfortable

This means that I'm growing!

2. Fear

Big progress is on the other side.

3. Hurt

They are doing the best they can with what they have

4. Anger

This has broken my rules

5. Frustration

There's a time for everything

6. Disappointment

I haven't yet seen the purpose in this result. Everything happens for me!

7. Guilt and regret

Forgive yourself, and move foreward

8. Inadequacy

I am enough. I'll never be given more than I can handle

9. Overloaded, overwhelm, hopelessness, depression

Just one thing at a time - it's a cinch by the inch!

10. Loneliness

I am never truly alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment