Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Progress

I managed to workout yesterday, and slowly but surely my achilles tendon is healing.  I have been running for 50 minutes preceded by 5BX, which is a great form of calisthenics.   Still running very slowly, but feeling better every day.  I have 4 weeks until my next race, and hope to be running at full speed by then.

Today I plan to look at where I am (and that means we) regarding finances.  It is easy for me to let things slide, because there is no immediate pain - we are financially pretty secure, being free of debt, own our home, and have some money in savings.  I have realised with true certainty that leverage is needed for serious wealth creation, and have not yet come across the formula that fits for me.  I also think that in the past I have always wanted the drama of big wins + losses (futures trading), rather than some (perhaps less thrilling) steadier methods, with less drama.

I have also managed to blow money on things as soon as I get a next egg together - usually courses on how to become wealthy! I get the feeling that learning how to get wealthy, along with the vicarious thrill of the success stories, has more appeal than the hard work (and patience) required.  Wealth creation is simple:

  1. Spend less than you earn.
  2. Invest The Difference.
  3. Reinvest the profits(income).
But simple is often not easy!

Because I;

  1. Hate to tell my family I don't have the ready money for anything.
  2. Do not invest properly.
  3. And usually have very little to reinvest.
I have a study groaning with books on wealth creation - the above message in every one - and am far wealthier than ever before (often from expected and unexpected sources), so some of it must be sticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment