Tuesday, January 14, 2014

First Steps

So I've been really wanting to improve my heath and fitness.  Today I went for a 45 minute run, and did 45 minutes of Yoga.

Bottom line was that the idea of doing them excited me, but the reality of starting each of them did not thrill me. Having said that, within 10 minutes of starting each of these activities, I was enjoying them.  The more present or in the moment I was, the more I enjoyed them.  I love the saying that to achieve happiness, you must happily achieve.  Being present really helped make that happen.

I've also been working on finding out more about what is important to my wife.  What I am discovering is that it''s the way in which things are done that is just as important as what it is that is being done.  Lizzie has certain ways of working, and if I take the time to do things in a way in which she feels comfortable, then it has a much higher chance of pleasing her.

Only took 17 years to work that one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment