Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mixing it Up with 1/2 a loaf

I've had a problem with my achilles heel for the past two months, thanks to som ever-zealous track running.  The Physiotherapist gave me some exercises to do to rehabilitate it, which I have been doing religiously - until I went on Holidays.

What I HAVE been doing is walking in soft sand with my wife - she is shorter than me, so in order for us to walk together easily,she walks in the harder sand near the water, and I walk a metre or so (4 or 5 feet) higher up, where the sand is softer and drier.  It has struck me that this has been working my feet and legs in a different way than normal.

At any rate, I did my normal rehab exercises today, and found that I had exponentially improved in terms of repetitions (20% improvement).  Sometimes getting out of our routine is the best way forward.

On that note, a question: is 1/2 a loaf better than none? I found myself running out of time for my run, but decided to put in a short, really intense workout.  SO pleased that I did - the world is not perfect.  After all, if you wanted to spend an hour with a loved one, but could only find 30 minutes, would you decide NOT to spend time with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment