Saturday, January 25, 2014

How to Achieve 10 out of 10 for Health

Without a doubt, the biggest challenge is health.  If you are unwell, and especially if you are in pain, it is extremely hard to concentrate on anything else.

Since Friday night I have had a tooth abscess, which became excruciating on Saturday.  This coincided with having to pack and drive for 3 1/2 hours back to Sydney.  By the time I got home it was straight off to a doctor for antibiotics and pain relief.  The pain was reduced to a dull roar, and I managed to sleep with a few wakeful periods.  Today the swelling is reduced and I am almost sane again.

How did it happen?

Quite simply, things got out of balance.  Holiday food, holiday drinking have taken their toll.  Despite exercising quite a bit, the ratio of good foods to bad was not good.

Lesson Learnt? This has been a lesson that I have needed to learn for quite some time.  Instead of waiting until I'm sick to adjust my behaviour, it would be better to keep my balance of good food and good habits in the black.

Otherwise its like you're a husband who neglects his wife until she thinks of leaving, or a businessman who lets his concern almost go bankrupt before taking action.

Prevention is far better than cure.


No comments:

Post a Comment