Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Downunder

For me, January is 3/4 holiday. This means that in terms of actions, the year starts slowly. However, in terms of planning and envisioning, January is a great time. I get to look at the past year, enjoy the triumphs, learn from failures, and generally make and mend.

Most importantly, the start of the year is when I get to spend large chunks of time with family and friends. If there is anything that I am proud of and grateful for, it is the people I love.

Today though I did start a simple 15 minute yoga routine which I shall persist with for the next 6 weeks, to see if I can get any improvement with my shoulder (it hurts now even as I type). I am also making sure that I get 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 6 times a week. This is what they recommend from UPW. With my diet, I am simply aiming to eat unprocessed foods, and moderating any chocolate and alcohol consumption.

Most of today was spent doing household things. The Christmas decorations went down, the lawn was mowed, amongst other things. Its good for me sometimes to stop thinking about taking over the world, and think more about making a beautiful house for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment