Friday, January 27, 2012

Halfway there.

After 2 days of early starts and late nights, today I got to sleep in. It felt great to get 8 hours sleep. My body seems to need a lot of recovery time at the moment. I can't wait for the energy to "kick in" again. Weighed myself, and found that I'd lost 2.6kg.

Managed to do all of my Egoscue and some lymphasizing. Aerobics took the form of a bike ride with the family. Did the breathing exercises too. Needed a sleep in the afternoon, so energy still not how I would like it to be.

Things went badly south in the afternoon. I needed to do some technology stuff for my daughter and my wife, got frustrated, and completely lost my temper. I had to apologise later to the pair of them. At this stage I am very thin-skinned, and need to realise that I should keep away from difficult frustrating situations, or at least admit that I am not up to them.

Had to work tonight, and for the first time for a good while didn't have shoulder pain whilst playing the trombone. Also enjoyed having better acuity through not drinking. Had to bring my own food, so it was cold curried beans for dinner. Didn't seem to matter to me - just wanted to stay on the path.

Tomorrow I am taking the wife for a night out out - interesting to see how I face that challenge! Once again, planning will be the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment