Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 4 Ends in Triumph

Today was further proof that planning is the difference between success and failure.

Thanks to preparing my meals last night, I knew that I could walk out the door at 5:45am with the appropriate food. Despite having a disjointed day where I had to work in three different places, I managed to stay on the path with little trouble.

I also brought exercise gear so that I could do my 30 minutes of running, despite the fact that I was very tired and it was raining. Also did the egoscue exercises. My shoulder is still painful, although there are episodes of improvement - fatigue is definitely a contributing factor.

One thing I am noticing is that simple pleasures really make a difference - I never thought that a slice of cantaloupe, or a glass of vegetable juice would be so eagerly awaited.

I hope that I will start having the energy to actually start doing some of the other things that I have planned for this year, both professional and personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment