Thursday, February 2, 2012

So on with the rest of my life...



Today has been remarkable for the amount of energy I had. Actually not so much energy but focus. I found myself able to get things done quicker and better than usual. I stuck to the dietary guidelines, with the exeption of a cup of coffee, and even got to run in the rain first thing in the morni
ng.

So what have I achieved physically?
  • I lost 3.7kg (Just over eight pounds).
  • I am more energetic.
  • The pain and numbness in my right shoulder is reduced greatly. In fact, tonight I did a 3 hour gig with no symptoms whatsoever. Compare this with January 26, when I was in severe discomfort.
  • Mentally I am more alert, and my ability to solve problems and find solutions seems better.
Above are two photos taken this morning. I will probably not win a beauty contest, but I leave you to judge whether there is any visible difference. I was very conscious of standing without "posing" (trying to suck in my stomach etc).

I spent most of the day learning a recording software package - I realised that in the end it would be quicker and better if I learnt how to use it well before actually trying to master my band's EP- concentrating on the important, not the urgent (as Steven Covey would say). I also did a gig tonight, and enjoyed having the energy to keep going strongly until the end. Sang as well.

More work tomorrow, working on a UNI assignment, and then a gig tomorrow. We have guests, so it will be interesting to see if I have a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment