Monday, February 6, 2012

A Great Start to the week

My week started early.

Yesterday (sunday), I actually planned out my week, or at least what I wanted to achieve from it. I use a product called the Rapid Planning Method. I basically have an old manual planner that looks like a preacher's bible, but on closer inspection is a zippered up ring binder.

Each week (well theoretically each week), I look at my long term goals, list what I need to do in the week, and then gather these action items around whatever the outcomes I am aiming to achieve for the week. I first learnt to do something very close to this from the Steven Covey Book, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and have changed the methodology thanks to Anthony Robbins "Time of Your Life" course.

Although not perfect, I find that when I plan my week, with an eye on my long term goals, I have a week of achievement and fulfilment, and get about twice as much done compared to when I bumble through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment