Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Know Your Outcomes.....

An interesting thing has been happening today. Not new, but I really enjoyed watching the process. Do you ever find that when you are working towards clear outcomes, the Universe does every thing to help you? I hope that this is not too new agey, but I certainly noticed it today.

Firstly, I was reading an article on helping out beginner saxophone players. Sure enough, my daughter comes home from school with a sax, desperate for me to help her out.

Secondly, I needed some financial advice. I really needed to talk to my accountant, and he actually answered the 'phone personally, and spent 15 minutes with me answering all of my questions. If you know him, this is a VERY rare occurrence.

Thirdly, I rang a guy about ordering some software, and he offered to look at a laptop of mine that was experiencing problems gratis!

Planning my week has really helped with my time usage so far. The important thing for me is to know my outcomes (long term goals), and check that what I am doing now is the way to achieve them. Covey states this as "Beginning with the end in mind". If you know WHY you are doing something, it is much easier to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment