Thursday, February 6, 2014

New Start

Today I went to the doctors.  After lots of prodding, poking and testing, plus a procedure under general Anaesthetic, I was given a clean bill of health (finally).  The feeling was overwhelmingly of relief, and excitement that issue which had preoccupied me for so long was over.

Unfortunately, I was given no reason as to how I became unhealthy, but I can guess that demanding high performance from my body, whilst not nourishing it properly, and sometimes even poisoning it might have had something to do with it.

Yesterday I went to the chiropractor that had got me (I believe) onto a line of cure for various physical issues, using a combination of treatments in her rome, plus some supplements.  I told her that I really felt a sense that I needed to make some dietary changes, and wondered whether a detox was in order.  She muscle tested me (check out kinesiology if you want to find out more), and said that a major detox would just make me sicker.

I have always loved the radical detox in the past, such as the 10 day challenge that one does on the back of Unleash The Power Within, or the 10 day reboot recommended in "Fat , Sick & Nearly Dead", but my body was saying that it needed something else.  In the end I was told to forego gluten, sugar (yes, that includes alcohol) and dairy produce until further notice.  Coincidentally, those are the substances that I overindulged in, especially over Christmas.  I look forward to seeing the results.

I have also decided to exercise at a lower intensity for a month, to give my body some recovery time.  Most importantly, I now have the headspace to tackle other things in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment